Saturday, April 3, 2010

Camping at Sofala


Happy Easter everyone!

My Internet is finally up and running at home and I actually have some time, so it's time for posts! =)
Last weekend I gave myself an extra long weekend and took Thursday - Monday off. Bliss!
We decided to head out to Sofala, as we do, for camping. Sofala is just out of Bathurst, about 40minutes or so (?) and has to be one of my favourite places of all time. So so beautiful. Aah, the serenity.

Sofala is Australia’s oldest surviving gold rush town, with it's tiny little houses, cute little cafes and trinket shops in its 2 street town, surrounded by hills, you'll fall in love. Well, perhaps not. But obviously, I have. We've been coming here for about 2 years now, the bf even longer. It's our little piece of heaven.


Clyde loves camping =)

I used the time to catch up on some reading - please excuse the state of my nails. I know, chipped nail polish. I'll put some polish remover in the camping kit =)


There's nothing quite like getting away from it all, no phone reception, no tempting TV, or computer..... and yum, bananas in foil on the coals - with melted rolo =) SOOOO good!

Enjoy your long weekend guys - a big YAY for one more day off! =)

S

No comments:

Post a Comment