Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dinner at the Royal

So, last Friday night the boy took me out for dinner at one of our usual haunts, The Royal. I was supposed to be making sweet pies in our little pie maker, but who am I to complain at getting dressed up? (any excuse!)




It's a cute, quaint pub, that has been going through quite a makeover lately. It's becoming quite fancy for the mountains.... not necessarily a bad thing! it was originally built in 1881, making it one of the oldest "Royals" around!



Mr DSA and I used to head down there nearly every Friday before the reno - $7 steak burgers! And I'm not a big steak fan, but they were drool worthy.... and for $7 - made them taste even better!



Now, alas, there are no $7 steak burgers anymore, but the food is just as good, and there's room to sit now, so it's well worth the extra couple of dollars.



Oregano scented Lamb Burger - $15



This time I ordered the "Oregano scented lamb burger with feta cheese, tzaziki on toasted Turkish bap and supa crunchy chips". Minus the feta though, it's not really my type of cheese.

This was so good. I couldn't finish it, it was that big. That's what I love about the Royal. Great meals, HUGE servings! Thank goodness for Mr DSA, who finished it for me. I love, love tzaziki - this was a pretty good one. I'm certain there was a dash of mint in there though... different!

rump steak in ginger, garlic. honey in sweet sherry with lemon- $ 18.50

Mr DSA ordered the marinated 300gm rump steak in ginger, garlic. honey in sweet sherry with lemon. Now, normally I'm not a big ginger fan, but the sound of this sounded so delish..... I was going to get it, but MR DSA did, so I knew I'd be able to try his.

When it came out it smelled so much like the Chinese pork fillet that my Mum makes - you know the sweet red one? Oh my, I could eat a kilo of that.....

Anyway, I digress..... it smelled so yummy, and tasted 10 times better. Tasted a little like the Chinese pork - i think it was the sweetness. Huge pieces of steak, huge plate. I actually want to go back tonight so I can have it =)

If you're in the Blue Mountains one weekend, pop on in and have a look.... dinner cost us less than $30 for us, and with the council car park pretty much across the road, you can have some beverages, leave your car there (as long as you pick it up by 10 the next morning) and have a great night.

I still haven't used my Y-mail clutch though... Maybe one day we'll go somewhere that I can =) Any suggestions?

Next to review is the new bowls club....

I know, it's party central here in Springwood.... ;o)

The Royal Hotel is located at: 220 Macquarie Road Springwood NSW 2777

12 comments:

  1. Omg! This post made me hungry I was like cant stop starring at the pictures,.. hmmmm those are yummy!dog grooming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be the first to comment on this post and say that the points you have touched here are really interesting and inspiring. I think you'll get lots of approvals here. Great job !
    wholesale wedding gowns | special ocassions dresses | wholesale wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I have not been on this webpage in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    Great stuff as usual...
    internet marketing agency

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else! Boob Job Consultation
    Breast Lift Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great information, I was glad I happen to stop by on your blog. My research is almost done, thanks for sharing this. make money online | game reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to rate this 8 out of 10, You did a good research on respective topics and this will result in this nice posting. I always salute the hard bloggers. Please come with more information.. marketing lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

    cheap wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. free legal advice
    pro bono lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to have found your web page. My pal mentioned it to me before, yet never got around to checking it out until now. I must express, I'm floored. I really enjoyed reading through your posts and will absolutely be back to get more.
    quick ab workout |
    joomla 16 themes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Dog Training Tips |
    Dog Training

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff…I think you’ve made some truly interesting points.
    먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete